Jan 27, 2010

Wendy's Nutrition

Wow, I'm impressed with Wendy's nutrition facts on their website. You can calculate a meal by picking specific items off their menu, and then personalize the item to your taste.


Ultimate Chicken Grill: I picked this Ultimate Chicken Grill Sandwich. Took the tomato off and it calculated the calories as being 340 with 7 grams of fat and 2 Fiber. WooHoo! Not Bad. According to the WW PointFinder it is 7 Points, but the 2008 edition of Dining Out Companion book says 8 WW Pts. Even with the tomato on the sandwich the PointFinder is still saying 7 pts. I would definitely go with Wendy's facts and the PointFinder.



Jr. Cheeseburger Dexluxe: I took the tomato and the onions off, and the calories came in at 290, with 14 grams of fat, and 1 dietary fiber. Let's see here what the all mighty PointFinder says.....7 WW points. Aaaahhh!! That is sort of high for this sandwich. I would rather go with the chicken for the same amound of points.



French Fries (kids size): Yum! But these little sticks of grease are truely the devil. Coming in with 210 calories, with 10 grams of fat, and 3 fiber. These are about 4 or 5 points on WW. The book says 4 so we are going with 4. HAHA!!




Caesar Side Salad: YIKES!! I thought this would be a little better than it was. I knew it was going to be high due to the dressing, but not that high!! Brace yourself......260 calories, with 19 fat grams, and 2 fiber grams. That is 6 ww points for this tiny salad. I guess that isn't that bad, but I keep thinking about the portion size of it. Not very big. Usually, you would get that as a side to a sandwich or something but if you did that you would be using a lot of points and calories at one meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment