Jan 13, 2010

Everyone drop what you are doing and run to Meijer’s Right now!!!




Usually when I am trying to eat healthy it comes with a big price tag. But yesterday I decided to stop at Meijer’s to grocery shop. When I walked in I about fell over. They are having an amazing sale on healthy foods, including PRODUCE! It is hard to find good sales and prices in general, let alone for produce. So, I stocked up!!

They are having the buy 10 for $10 get the 11th item for free. The following is what is included in that.

1.) Dole Premium Bagged Lettuce

2.) Greenhouse Cucumbers

3.) Baby Cut Carrots

4.) Del Monte All Natural Fruit Cups (these are over by the deli section)

5.) Avocados/Mangos

6.) Bagged Spinach

7.) Onions

8.) Potatoes

9.) Green giant boxed veggies
** Coupons.com has a $0.50/2 boxed veggies. Meijer also doubles their coupons so you could snag a box of these for FREE when you buy two!! AWESOME!!

10.) Quaker Rice Cakes ( 3-3.5 oz)

11.) Lance Reduced Fat PB Cracker Pack

12.)Michelina’s Lean Gourmet Entrees - (these are really good and they have some
different types of meals.)

13.)Ronzoni Pasta Smart Taste

14.) Betty Crocker Cake Mix

15.)Meijer brand crescent rolls - all varieties (which means reduced or low fat)

16.)Pilsbury Grands Biscuits
** Coupons.com has a coupon for $0.35/3 this doesn’t sound like a good deal, but that 35 cents will double to $0.70 off three. Sounds good to me!!


So this is what I did…..

I bought 11 Quaker Quakes bags and I am going to buy Ziploc snack size bags and portion them out. This way they will be handy and ready when I get a craving for chips.
Cost $10.00

11 Michelina’s frozen dinners
Cost $10.00

1 bag of carrots
1 cucumber
1 choc. Cake mix - not to eat the cake but a lot of low-fat recipes call for just the mix
2 Dole lettuce bags
2 fruit cups
2 cracker packs
2 Green Giant veggie packs
Cost $10.00*

* didn't factor in the discount of the coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment