Jul 23, 2010

Fashionistas ~ what to choose?!

As a bigger person I am always on the lookout for cute clothes that fit well and that are affordable. Sometimes that is very hard and almost near impossible to find. But, my goal for this new segment of this blog is to find clothes on the net and post about them. I will put outfits together, show shoes, accessories, etc. Hopefully, I can do this on a weekly basis to keep up with the trends and seasonal changes.

So, this week I am putting the spotligt on finding a cute summer dress. I have a wedding to go to in August and even though I have a back-up outfit of gray pants and a black zipper top, I wanted to find something a little more dressy. Also, I have had this obession with wearing blue shoes and I want to find something that I can wear with blue shoes. I have been searching and searching and I have only found a couple. Here are a couple of my top picks for dresses and shoes. Let me know what you think.

TORRID: They had a couple cute items that I found. The only thing that I watch out for when I buy dresses is how it will make my butt and arms look. I have such a big butt/hips and large flabby arms. So, I am very self conscious of sleeveless and puffy dresses. On the other hand I found that a lot of their dresses looked super short. Jeez! I'm going to wedding not a night club!
Don't really care for the shoe style but I really like the color of this shoe. I was hoping I could find something similar to this color but maybe in a sandal or stiletto style shoe.


(Since so small go here to view)
This dress I really like how it looks on the girl and I would really consider wearing it to a wedding, but I'm concerned how it would look on me w/ my big butt and hips.

(since so small go here to view)
This dress would probably work out great. It is a little longer, which is good, and I can add a cardigan to it and disguise my arms, butt, and hips! Also, it would go pretty good with the color of shoes that I am obsessed with wearing.



OLD NAVY: They surprised me with a couple of cute dresses. Sometimes they just have mostly "out there" dresses that I would not even stand beside, let only try to look good in.



I really, really like this dress. It would be cute to wear and I could add a cardigan to it and cover my problem areas up. But, on the other hand I am nervous that it is going to be sticky and the front may look bulgy instead of sleek. (even w/ the SPANX)




This dress is very cute but I'm concerned about being clingy and making my problem areas more of a problem than I have started with. I love the neckline! This dress looks very dressy, classy, and a could make a great wedding guest outfit.



This dress is super cute! I absolutely love the buttons up the side. A couple reason make me shy away from this dress though. One being that it may not look dressy enough. It kind of looks like a nightgown or a swimsuit cover-up. Number two reason being that since it has sleeves, which would be great for my arms, it will be very hard to wear a cardigan to cover up my hips and butt areas. Also, it looks like it may be a little clingy and short. Even though it would look super cute with heels on a skinny person, I just think that I may need to wear small sandals and skip the height. I would look like the not so jolly gray giant!

No comments:

Post a Comment