Jul 18, 2010

SPANX - LOVE EM!



About 3 years ago my friend, Emily, introduced me to the most miraculous invention on Earth ……drum roll……SPANX. I am absolutely in love with these little pantyhose tummy sucker inners. LOL! (Can you tell I make up words?) My favorite style of SPANX is the high waisted power panty. It comes all the way up past your stomach and goes down the legs all the way till about the top of your kneecaps. I wear these with everything. I wanted to post about these because sometimes you just need that little extra help. Maybe those pants are just a tad too small or you have a dress that your stomach looks a little pudgy in. The SPANX will come in very handy!

These come in all different sizes and designs. You have probably heard of them already. The originator is Sara Blakely and she has expanded the collection to make up cami’s, menswear, swimsuits, and undergarments. These come in all different sizes and colors based on your needs and wants. Even though these are as good as fudge, they are a little on the expensive side. (See Below) Now, she has also created a cheaper line, called Assets, that are sold at Target and a few select other stores. They are supposed to compare to the “real thing” but I have tried the equivalent to what I buy and I was not satisfied. It was very flimsy, didn’t really shape me, or even help.

(COMING SOON!) I’m going to take a couple pictures of me wearing SPANX and then not wearing and see if you are able to figure it out. LOL! I know you won’t be fooled!



Here are a couple common stores that carry the SPANX Brand. Now the reason I am posting about this is because sometimes you can find a promotional code that you can apply to them and get your order cheaper than you can from the official SPANX site. I.E. free shipping, a certain dollar amount off, percentage off, etc. And, you don't want to go out of your way to find these. So if you have a store nearby, stop and look at a pair. Also, if you buy online, go through this amazing free site called Ebates you can get a percentage back from your purchase. You will also get a $5.00 sign up bonus. Then when you hit $15.00 you can select to receive a check through mail. All you have to do is sign on to ebates.com, then select the store you will be shopping. When you do that ebates will direct you to the stores site. This is how they track your ordering and how much you spend. So make sure you go through ebates site first so that you can get your money credited to your account.

  • Lane Bryant - 3% cash back through ebates
    • Free ship to store. Which can be a Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug, Catherines, or Cacique.
    • Right now they are having $20 off $40 purchase. WooHoo! That will make some cheap SPANX baby!
  • Torrid - 4% cash back
    • I'm not sure if I completely like this store and how they do business. They charge astronomical prices for their shipping. But, unlike others their returns are free.
    • They also have a rewards program called divastyle reward where you can earn points and coupons.
  • Target - 3% cash back
    • Assets brand also can find at David's Bridal.

No comments:

Post a Comment