Oct 21, 2012

Looking for that Perfect Outfit, But Don't Know Where To Go?

Over the summer I was on the hunt for places where I could find “cute & fashionable” plus size clothing other than the usual Lane Bryant, which I love don’t get me wrong, but sometimes their prices are just redonkadunk.  I put a list together of some of my favorite places to buy clothes that I think fit and are easy on the wallet.  Below is a compilation of retail and online shopping. 


Old Navy.com – You can only purchase plus size clothing online – they no longer have them available in stores.  But, make sure you check out some of their XXL items in the misses b/c they do run big.  Depending on the size/cut and what the occasion is I am a 2x-3x AND I have a couple items from Old Navy size XXL that fit.  Not true to size.   Always buy on sale here…..it seems like they always are running some sort of promotion. Plus they always offer free shipping and returns.

Old Navy Terry Cover-up - XXL - Fits Me!

Old Navy Boardwalk Shorts - 3x - feel like an XL! (Tight)

Avenue.com -  They have really good prices and usually run good sales around season changes.  I like their shoe selection, they offer wide width and wide calf boots.  The only downfall is that you have to spend $100.00 for free shipping and you have to pay around $8.00 or so to return items through mail, but store returns are free. Go here to read clearance post.


Eloquii.com (Limited branch) – really cute stylish clothing.  Sort of pricey, but their clothes make me feel so fashionable and almost like I fit in (sounds weird, I know!) On the other hand they do offer really good sales and have unbeatable clearance prices. 

Printed Tie Waist Top ~ $26.24


Maurices/Marices.com -  They offer sizes from 0-24 and XS-3X.  Some of their items can be a little funky and pricey.  You sort of have to rummage through the "ruff" to find what you are looking for.  Good place for work attire.  

T.J. Maxx -  They have some really cute items, but remember it is a hit or miss with them b/c they are sort of a buyout store.  So you must have persistence and patients with them.  But, I have found a lot of good bargains here, so don’t give up! 


Talbots/Talbots.com -  If I could afford to buy one of everything …… I would.  I love their clothes, just not the prices (this is a high-end store). They offer such sleek and stylish clothes that fit and are quality made.  They also offer a selection of wide width shoes.  Make sure to watch for semi-annual sales because you can snatch up many good bargains.  A couple years ago I just happened to walk in when they were having the event and I got a shirt and cardigan for about $25.00!  I still have the cardigan, but I snagged a hole in the shirt (bummer)



Torrid/Torrid.com – I love their shoes!  They have them in wide width and wide calf boots.  They usually have cute clothes and the thing I like the most is that they put together something called a “lookbook”  where where you can see what an outfit looks like on the model, plus it gives you ideas of how to pair separate pieces together.    



Taupe Buckle Luna Wedge Boots ~ $68.50

Lands End/ Landsend.com - They have causal and career wear here.  I have only purchased a swimsuit top from this company, but I was very pleased with it.  It was true to size and made with quality materials.  Plus, it seems like I am always getting e-mails notifying me of a sale.   


No comments:

Post a Comment