Feb 3, 2010

Little Suzy Homemaker!!

Last night I decided to make the Biggest Loser Baked Ziti recipe I posted about last week. I wanted to see if it was as good as the picture looked. As I learned from the ice cream sandwiches, you can not always trust those yummy pictures. As many of you know I am not a little suzy homemaker. Sometimes my cooking is horrible and sometimes, by a miracle, my cooking is actually tasty. Here is my documentation of my work last night. I am pretty darn proud. The baked ziti turned out great and my kitchen is still in tact.

Step 1: Ingredients. As you can see I am an off-brand buyer. My motto is cheaper the better. Sometimes that can get me in trouble but for the most part everything taste the same as the leading brand. A couple ingredients I did want to put the spotlight on. Number one, is the Great Value Tomato sauce. I substituted it for the marinara sauce that the recipe calls for. This sauce with 2 packets of sweetener taste great and it only has 20 calories for 1/4 cup. The second ingredient is real garlic instead of garlic powder. LoL, this was a mix up on my part. That wasn't planned. But, it still turned out really good.

**With the cheese, the recipe read 8 oz. (4 cups). The package of mozzarella cheese said 8 oz. (about 2 cups) WEIRD!!


Step 2: Egg Whites. I just used two regular and separated them. Easy Peezy!


Step 3: Combine Ingredients!! Be sure to follow directions for the red pepper flakes....key word....TO TASTE! I over pepperized a little bit....yikes! :)


**Look at the steam in this picture from the noodles**



Step 4: Start putting the sauce in the pan then add the ingredients and bake!!!


Step 5: Eat and Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment