Nov 10, 2012

Thursday November 8, 2012 - Began!

I went back to Dr. Sparks office for my appointment.  It was very informational.  He talked with me about weight loss and the effects of being obese has on your body.  As I mentioned earlier I wasn't sure what kind of diet I was going to be following.  He gave me a 1200 calorie diet (yikes!) to follow.  Go here to see a similar version.  My menu consists of 2 weight and inches shakes and 2 meals.  It is an exchange menu and there is no dairy on this diet.  (OMG! I love cheese......what am I going to do?)

Dr. Steven B. Sparks, D.O.

I also found out that you are on the Phentermine 3 months then 6 months off.  Which is sort of strange.  But, I was told you could take 1/2 a tablet each day and spread that 3 months out over 6 months, then that way you would only be off of it for 3 months.  I am not sure what I am going to do yet.  I have been on the pill for about 3 days.

Along, with the diet he also told me that I had to take the following:

Phentermine - 1/2 tab for the first week
Carnitine - 6 capsules daily
Fish Oils - 4 capsules daily
Magnesium - 1 daily
Vitamin D - 1 weekly
Calcium - 3 capsules daily
Metamucil 1-2 daily

So far I feel  like I have ate more supplements than I have food.  I have yet to try the the Metamucil.  Gross!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment